The North is the debut studio album from the Borealis Saxophone Quartet. The CD contains eight world premiere recordings. Five of the works were commissioned by the Borealis Saxophone Quartet whilst the remaining three are arrangements that have been specially made for the quartet. The final track on the disc also features a string orchestra conducted by Leo Geyer.
1. Bulgarian Suite - Trad. arr. Gillian Blair
2-4. The North - Gary Carpenter
5. Gentle Skies - Tom Harrold
6. Agust - Olafur Arnalds arr. Dan White
7. Periculum - Sergio Cote
8. Lost Bronze - Will Gregory arr. Mélina Zéléniuc
9-11. Alone - Aled Smith
12. Borealis (Into Blue) - Lucy Pankhurst
Alastair Penman - Soprano and Alto Saxophones
Mélina Zéléniuc - Alto and Soprano Saxophones
Gillian Blair - Tenor and Soprano Saxophones
Daniel White - Baritone and Soprano Saxophones
Recorded, edited, mixed, mastered and produced by Rob Buckland.